The new smartband from Xiaomi, Mi Band 5 is the successor to the very popular Mi Band 4, and this time it comes with more health tracking features and has a brighter and slightly larger display than it’s predecessor. Mi Band 5 share a lot in common with Honor Band 5, which is also one of the top competitors on the market. Each of these two is fitness-focused, very lightweight with a long battery life that lets you go long from a single charge. This comparison graph compares the design, health tracking, battery life, price, and otherwise of the Mi Band 5 vs Honor Band 5 to find out which is better.
Mi Band 5 vs Honor Band 5 Specifications Compared
Mi Band 5 Full Specifications, Features and Price
Honor Band 5 Specifications, Features and Price
|ABOUT DEVICE||ABOUT DEVICE||ABOUT DEVICE|
|Device name||Mi Band 5||Honor Band 5|
|Device type||Fitness smartband||Fitness smartband|
|Predecessor||Mi Band 4||Honor Band 4|
|Models||Mi Band 5 (NFC version)||—|
|Date released||June, 2020||September, 2019|
|Display size||1.1 inches||0.95 inches|
|Display type||450nits, AMOLED, Full color||AMOLED, Full color|
|Resolution||126 x 294 px||240 x 120 pixel|
|Customizable watchface||100+, Yes||Yes|
|Input type||Touchkey, Touchscreen||Touchkey, Touchscreen|
|Bezel material||Bezeless, Polycarbonate||Bezeless|
|Strap size||155 – 216 mm||135 – 210mm|
|Color||Black, Mint green, Navy blue, Orange, Teal, Yellow||Black|
|Screen protection||Anti-scracth glass||Anti-scracth glass|
|Dimension||46.95 x 18.15 x 12.45mm||43 x 17.2 x 11.5 mm|
|Weight||(excluding straps), 11g||—|
|Waterproof rating||Yes, 5ATM||Yes, 5ATM|
|Swim-proof||Yes, recommended||Yes, recommended|
|Bluetooth||Bluetooth v5.0||Yes, Bluetooth v4.2 LE|
|NFC||(special edition), Yes||(special edition), Yes|
|Memory card slot||No||No|
|CELLULAR||CELLULAR CONNECTIVITY||CELLULAR CONNECTIVITY|
|GPS||(connected GPS), No||(connected GPS), No|
|ACTIVITY TRACKING||ACTIVITY TRACKING||ACTIVITY TRACKING|
|Heart rate monitoring||Yes||Yes|
|Preloaded sport modes||11, Yes||10|
|Battery type||non-removable Lithium-polymer||non-removable Lithium-polymer|
|Battery life||Continous usage: 14 days, Regular: 20 days||Regular: 14 days|
|Charging type||Magnetic charger||2-Pin charging|
|Charging duration||1-2 hours||1-2 hours|
|Operating system||Proprietary OS||—|
|Companion app||Mi Fit||Huawei Wear|
|Compatibility||Android 5.0+, iOS 10.0+||Android 4.4+, iOS 9.0+|
|Payment system||Alipay, Union Pay||Yes|
|Voice Assistant||(China), XiaoAI, Yes||No|
|Find my phone||Yes||Yes|
|Box content||Charger, Manual, Mi Band 5, Straps||Charger, Honor Band 5, Manual, Straps|
Mi Band 5 Features
- Mi Band 5 is very lightweight and compact. It has a case made of thermoplastic which is paired alongside silicone straps.
- 1.1 inches AMOLED display with touchkey for easy navigation.
- You can choose from a variety of watch faces on Mi Fit app. Some of the watch faces can be editted to show the most important complications that matter most to you.
- Mi Band 5 is available in six colors; black, teal, orange, yellow, mint green, and navy blue.
- Clock features include time/date, alarm, timer and stopwatch.
- Setup notification alert for SMS, emails, calls, weather forecast, control phone camera, unlock phone, control music on phone, mute phone and do not disturb. You can’t reply to notifications as this band lacks quick reply.
- Heart rate monitor allows you to manage your training intensity effortlessly. It can show your maximum heart rate and average heart.
- Tracks your steps, distance, calories, sedentary reminder.
- Tracks your sleep in awake, light, deep and REM sleep stages to help you monitor sleep quality.
- It features a breathing app that can help you reduce stress through a guilded breathing session.
- For women, this device will allow you log your menstrual cycle which gives you the ability to easily log and track your period cycles.
- Features Personal Activity Intelligence (PAI) vitality index; a new, innovative system that converts your heart rate data into a personalized score that indicates the level of activity required in order to maintain good health
- Mi Band 5 lacks inbuilt GPS, however, you can still track outdoor activities like your routes, locations and more.
- There are 11 preloaded sport modes for you to choose from. This includes elliptical trainer, outdoor running, walking, treadmill, cycling, indoor cycling, rowing machine, yoga, jump rope, pool swimming, and freestyle.
- It has a 125mAh battery capacity which is made of lithium-ion polymer. Its been tested to last up to 14 days with mixed usage.
Honor Band 5 Features
- 0.95 inch AMOLED display and touchscreen/touchkey for easy navigation.
- The case is made of thermoplastic, and the straps come in TPU. You can always swapp the straps with a new one of your choice.
- Tells the time, date, weather and set alarm.
- Customise watchface by choosing from the many available options in the Huawei Health app. You can store a maximum of 11 watch faces on the device.
- Other miscalenous features are find my phone, control phone camera, control music on phone, do not disturb and more. Remote Music Control is compatible only with smartphones running on Android 5.0 and above.
- Syncs data from the device to your phone which allows you to manage your fitness goals.
- Tracks your steps, distance, sleep, heart rate, calories, sedentary reminders and more.
- Rated 5ATM (50 meters) makes it waterproof up to 50 meters. As such, its safe to wear the watch to the shower or even swim in deeper waters like the ocean.
- This smartband will track your sleep in four stages awake, deep, REM and light stages of your sleep to allow you see how well your blood absorbs oxygen.
- SpO2 sensor tracks your blood oxygen and monitors how well your blod absolves oxygen. A significant metrics that can help you monitor your blood oxygen saturation.
- About 11 preset workouts are available to choose from.
- The Honor Band 6 will allow you to recieve notifications from apps installed on your phone. In other words, you can read mesages recieved but there is no way to respond. You will have to reach out to your phone to continue.
- HONOR Band 5 is water-resistant up to 50Meter and swim-proof. A six-axis sensor recognizes
the four main swim strokes – freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke, and butterfly –
recording speed, distance, calories, and SWOLF4 score
- With heavy usage, Honor Band 6 has Up to 7 days long battery life and with mixed usage its about 14 days long battery.