Trending right now is the new Fossil Gen 6, it’s the latest Wear OS smartwatch and the successor to the popular Gen 5. So what’s New? The Gen 6 comes in two sizes; 44mm and 42mm. The 44mm size is available in four variants while the 42mm is available in three colors. The Gen 6 is powered by Snapdragon 4100+ which offers a 30% boost in performance. It also features an Spo2 sensor and has a slightly longer battery life than its predecessor. It also has 8GB storage, microphone, loudspeaker, and features Google Pay. This post compares the difference between the 44mm vs 42mm sizes of Fossil Gen 6 to help you choose the right size for you.
Fossil Gen 6 (42mm) vs (44mm) Full Technical Specifications Comparison
Fossil Gen 6 (42mm) Specifications, Features and Price
Fossil Gen 6 (44mm) Specifications, Features and Price
|ABOUT DEVICE||ABOUT DEVICE||ABOUT DEVICE|
|Device name||Fossil Gen 6 (42mm)||Fossil Gen 6 (44mm)|
|Device type||Fitness/Classic smartwatch||Fitness/Classic smartwatch|
|Predecessor||Fossil Gen 5||Fossil Gen 5|
|Date released||September, 2021||September, 2021|
|Display size||1.28 inch||1.28 inch|
|Display type||AMOLED, Full color||AMOLED, Full color|
|Resolution||416 x 416 px||416 x 416 px|
|Pixel density||326 ppi||326 ppi|
|Input type||3 Physical buttons, Touchscreen||3 Physical buttons, Touchscreen|
|Case material||Stainless steel||Stainless steel|
|Strap material||Silicone, Stainless steel||Leather, Silicone, Stainless steel|
|Bezel material||Stainless steel||Stainless steel|
|Strap size||18 mm||22 mm|
|Color||Gunmetal/Gunmetal stainless steel band, Rose-gold/Purple silicone band, Rose-gold/Rose-gold stainless steel band||Black/black silicone band, Black/Brown leather band, Black/Green Camo Grosgrain band, Smoke/Smoke stainless steel band|
|Screen protection||Corning Gorilla Glass||Corning Gorilla Glass|
|Dimension||42 x 42 x 12mm||44 x 44 x 12 mm|
|Bluetooth||Bluetooth v5.0||Bluetooth v5.0|
|Wi-Fi||Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n||Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n|
|Memory card slot||No||No|
|CELLULAR CONNECTIVITY||CELLULAR CONNECTIVITY||CELLULAR CONNECTIVITY|
|HEALTH & FITNESS TRACKING||HEALTH & FITNESS TRACKING||HEALTH & FITNESS TRACKING|
|Heart rate monitoring||Yes||Yes|
|Preloaded sport modes||Yes||Yes|
|Battery type||Non-removable Li-ion battery||Non-removable Li-ion battery|
|Battery life||Regular: 24hrs+||Regular: 24hrs+|
|Charging type||Charging dock||Charging dock|
|Charging duration||1-2 hours||1-2 hours|
|Operating system||Wear OS||Wear OS|
|Chipset||Snapdragon 4100+||Snapdragon 4100+|
|CPU||1.7 GHz Quad-core CPU ARM Cortex A53||1.7 GHz Quad-core CPU ARM Cortex A53|
|GPU||Adreno 504 GPU||Adreno 504 GPU|
|Companion app||Fossil Q App||Fossil Q App|
|Compatibility||Android 6.0+, iOS 10.0+||Android 6.0+, iOS 10.0+|
|Payment system||Google Pay||Google Pay|
|Customizable strap||22 mm, Yes||22 mm, Yes|
|Voice Assistant||Yes, Google Assistant||Yes, Google Assistant|
|Find my phone||Yes||Yes|
|Box content||Charger, Fossil Gen 6, Manual, Straps||Charger, Fossil Gen 6, Manual, Straps|
Different Between Fossil Gen 6 44mm vs 42mm
- The Sizes Differ
- Available Colors Are Different
The first difference between the 44mm and 42mm is the different sizes. The 42mm is more compact than the 44m. Although, both sizes are still compact smartwatches. Despite the difference in sizes, the 42mm has a 1.28 inches display size just like the 44mm size, and that’s because the 42mm has a thinner bezel. AMOLED powers the display on both sizes.
The available colors are also different. Knowing what color is available will help you make a more informed decision. The 42mm size is available in three colors:
- Rose-gold/Purple silicone band – $299
- Rose-gold/Rose-gold stainless steel band – $320
- Gunmetal/Gunmetal stainless steel band – $320
While 44mm size comes in four colors:
- Black/black silicone band – $299
- Black/Green Camo Grosgrain band – $299
- Black/Brown leather band – $299
- Smoke/Smoke stainless steel band – $320
The prices also differ. Only the 44mm smoke case/stainless steel strap and 42mm pink-gold and gunmetal with stainless steel straps cost $320, all other models are priced at $300.
Beyond these few differences, both sizes have the same features. You get 8GB storage, a microphone and a loudspeaker that allow you to make and receive calls from the Gen 6. The Gen 6 also comes with the ability to track your daily activities with the Spo2 being new to the list of fitness tracking features.
Snapdragon 4100+ also powers the Gen 6 and this brings a 30% boost in performance. The Gen 6 will also allow you to manage notifications received on your phone with android users having the ability to respond to messages.
Fossil Gen 6 (44mm) Features
- Has a 1.28 inches AMOLED display, while navigation is via touchscreen and 3 physical buttons.
- Features clock, setup alarm, reminders, weather forecast and more.
- Customizable watchface, choose from the many available watchfaces on Playstore.
- Find your phone, control music on your phone or control camera on phone.
- 22mm interchangeable straps.
- 8GB storage capacity that allows you to store and play your favorite tracks on the watch as well stream music from popular services.
- Comes with microphone that allows you access Google Assistant, and allows you to carryout simple tasks simply with your voice.
- Make and receive calls directly from the watch via Bluetooth connection to your phone.
- Waterproof, rated 3ATM (which means 30 meters waterproof). Great for showering and shallow water swimming. Not ideal for diving or deep water swimming.
- Tracks your heart rate, calories, steps, distance, floors climbed, and more.
- Equipped to track your sleep in stages, and allows you to see your sleep trend overtime.
- Equipped with inbuilt GPS that enables you to track outdoor activities such as locations, routes and pace.
- NEW: Features an SpO2 sensor that allows you to measure your blood oxygen levels.
- Features Google Pay that allows you to make payment directly from the watch.
- 24hours+ battery life, and about 2 days with battery manager enabled.
Which Size is Right For You?
The 42mm size is a woman’s watch considering the thin 18mm strap. On the other hand, the 44mm is a man’s watch. We recommend, the 42mm for women while the 44mm is suitable for men and individuals with fat wrists.
Fossil Gen 6 Prices