There are many reasons why you may want to start things afresh on your Fitbit smartwatch. It could be that you wish to give your watch away. It could also be that for some reason, your Fitbit smartwatch is malfunctioning and every troubleshooting tip was futile, or perhaps, you just want to start things afresh. Whatever be the case, to start things afresh on your Fitbit smartwatch, you will need to do a factory reset on the device. And in this guide, you will learn how to factory reset your Fitbit Versa 3 or Sense.
How to Soft Reset Fitbit Versa 3 or Sense
Alternatively, before performing a factory reset on your Versa 3 or Sense, you can simply try a soft reset. Perhaps it will solve the problem. To do a soft reset on Versa 3 or Sense, simply press and hold on to the haptic button, continue holding until you see the Fitbit logo, then release your finger. This will restart the device. This has solved many of the problems users experience on their Versa 3. If this doesn’t solve the problem, you procced to do a factory reset.
How to Hard Reset Fitbit Versa 3 or Sense
Please note that when you do a factory reset on your Fitbit smartwatch, you will lose all your apps as well as your personal settings. So before you proceed with the process, be sure you really want to start things afresh as this action can’t be undone.
You can only reset your Fitbit Versa 3 from the device and to do this, follow the steps below.
- To reset your Fitbit Versa 3, find and open the settings app.
- From the Settings app, scroll down to where it says “about Versa 3” and tap to open. If you are doing this on Sense or Versa 2, it should be “about Sense” or “about Versa 2”
- Scroll down to factory reset and tap to open. As you can see, it says “this clears all your personal data and apps and can’t be undone”. If you’re very sure about this, tap on yes and this will wipe out all your personal data and apps on your Fitbit smartwatch thereby returning things back to square one.
After the process is completed, you can continue to setup your Fitbit smartwatch. To turn on the Versa 3 after factory reset, just press and hold on to the haptic button until you feel a soft vibration.
This is basically how to reset your Fitbit Versa 3 or Sense. This has solved many of the problems encountered on Fitbit smartwatches.
Fitbit Sense, Versa 2, Versa 3 Troubleshooting Tips
If you are encountering issues with your Versa 3, Sense, or any other Fitbit tracker or smartwatch. The following troubleshooting tips might solve the problem.
- The first thing to do is turn off and turn on Bluetooth on your phone. This solves problems like syncing issues.
- Another troubleshooting tip is to restart your Fitbit smartwatch. This can be done by pressing and holding on to the side button until the Fitbit logo shows up, then release your finger. This will restart the device.
- If the problem persists, clear cache for the Fitbit app. This can be done from the settings app on your phone. Find the app section, select the Fitbit app, and clear cache.
- Also make sure both your Fitbit smartwatch and the Fitbit app are updated to the latest version.
- Sometimes restarting your phone solved many of the frustrating issues on Fitbit Sense or Versa 3.
If all this doesn’t solve the problem, you can go ahead and reset your Fitbit smartwatch.