One of the fine features of the Versa 2 is that it has an Alexa Voice Assistant that allows you to do simple tasks with your voice. Fitbit took it a step further to include Google Assistant on Versa 3 and Sense. In other words, you have two voice assistants on a single smartwatch. However, you can only use one of these voice assistants at a time. Before you have any of the voice assistants on your Fitbit smartwatch, it must be configured from the Fitbit app. In this guide, you will learn how to setup Alexa voice assistant on your Fitbit Sense, Versa 3, or Versa 2.
Irrespective of which of these devices you own, the setup process is the same for all three.
How to Setup Alexa Voice Assistant on Fitbit Sense, Versa 3 and Versa 2
- The first thing to do is open the Fitbit app and tap on the profile icon at the top left corner to access your device from the list.
- Tap on Versa 3, Sense, or Versa 2 depending on which of these you own to go to the device dashboard.
- Tap on voice assistant to setup Alexa on your Versa 3 or any other supported Fitbit smartwatch.
- As you can see Google Assistant is active already on my versa 3, select Amazon Alexa to setup Alexa on your Fitbit device. This will disable Google Assistant.
- You must have an account with Amazon to get Alexa on your Fitbit smartwatch. So to proceed, tap on sign-in to continue. If you don’t have an account yet, the next page will also allow you to register one.
- On this page, the system says Google Assistant will be disconnected. This is because only one voice assistant can be used at a time.
- Sign in or register a new Amazon account to authorize Alexa on your Fitbit smartwatch.
- Alexa has been connected to your Fitbit device. The system will walk now walk you through the features, tap on not now to go back to your Fitbit device dashboard.
- Alexa wants to use your phone location to suggest what’s nearby, tap on use location to grant Alexa access to your phone GPS. This will enable Alexa to suggest the best possible locations.
- Here are some of the things you can do with Alexa and many more; you can set up a timer, alarm, check the weather or start a workout on your Fitbit Sense, Versa 2 or Versa 3 using only your voice.
- The haptic button on Versa 3 and Sense is customizable. You can customize the button to open Alexa when you long-press or double-press the button. To do this go to the settings app>>shortcuts. You have two options configure long-press and double press.
- Congratulations! You have successfully setup Alexa on your Versa 3. To get the best experience, you need to connect a Bluetooth headphone. This will allow Alexa to hear you clearly when you are in a noisy place.
You can only set long-press for a single app which will allow easily access the app. While double-press allows you to choose a maximum of four apps.
How to Connect a Bluetooth Headphone To Fitbit Sense or Versa 3
To connect a Bluetooth headphone to your Fitbit Sense or Versa 3 follow the steps below.
- Swipe left and tap on the setting app on your Fitbit smartwatch.
- Scroll to vibration and audio, tap to open.
- Scroll to Bluetooth and tap on manage devices, make sure your Bluetooth headphone is switched on by now.
- Tap on the search icon to scan for Bluetooth devices, you should see your Bluetooth headphone in the list, tap on the plus icon next to your Bluetooth name to connect. Now you can easily talk to and clearly hear your Versa 3 without having to raise your hand.