One of the pros of the Fitbit Sense and Versa 3 is the presence of a microphone that enables Google voice assistant on both devices. This is in addition to Alexa Voice assistant that was introduced to the Versa 2. Although, only one voice assistant can be active at a time on your Fitbit smartwatch. The Sense and Versa 3 also have a loudspeaker that allows for voice replies on both devices. What this means is that every time you use Google voice assistant on Versa 3 or Sense, you’ll get a voice reply. This feature will allow you to check the weather, set alarms, and more simple with your voice. For the voice assistant features to work, you must have your phone nearby as this requires Internet connectivity. In this guide, you’ll learn how to setup Google voice assistant on the Fitbit Sense and Versa 3.
How to Setup Google Voice Assistant For Fitbit Sense and Versa 3
- To enable Google voice assistant on your Fitbit smartwatch, open the Fitbit app, find the profile icon at the top left corner, and tap to highlight the list of items.
- Find your Versa 3 or Sense in the list and tap on it to go to the device dashboard.
- You should see voice assistant in the list, tap on it to continue.
- As you can see, I already have Alexa Voice assistant active on my Versa 3, this will be disabled if I proceed to setup Google Assistant.
- To continue, tap on Activate Google Assistant to make it your preferred voice assistant on your Fitbit smartwatch. A page pop’s up saying Alexa will be logged out if you continue to setup Google Assistant. Tap on proceed to continue.
- The next screen prompts you to activate Google Assistant so that you can use your voice to do simple tasks on your Fitbit Sense or Versa 3. Note that you must have a Google account to continue. So follow the system prompts to sign in or register. Then tap on activate to enable Google voice assistant.
- Congratulations! You have successfully activated Google Assistant on your Fitbit Versa 3 or Sense.
- You might want to grant Google Assistant access to your sleep data tracked by your Fitbit smartwatch. This will allow Google Assistant to be able to answer questions like how long you slept and more. Tap on continue to proceed OR no thanks to go back to the device dashboard.
- The next page will require you to login into your Fitbit account. Next, grant Google Assistant access to your Fitbit account.
- On the next page, you might also want to grant Google Assistant access to give you personalized answers based on your personal settings on your phone. You can go ahead and enable this feature if you so wish.
Note that you can customize the haptic button on your Versa 3 or Sense to open Google Assistant. The available options are long-press and double press. You can choose a particular app to open when you long-press the button OR you can choose four apps to showcase when you double-press the button. To customize the haptic button, go to the settings app>>shortcuts to customize it.
Connect a Bluetooth Headphone to Fitbit Sense/Versa 3
To get the best experience, you need to connect a Bluetooth headphone to your Fitbit smartwatch so that you can hear the device’s reply clearly especially when you find yourself in a noisy environment.
To connect a Bluetooth headphone to your Fitbit smartwatch, go to the settings app>>vibration & audio>>Bluetooth. Then tap on manage devices, find and connect your headphone to the device. This will allow you easily speak to the device without raising your hand, and you will also be able to hear the device clearly.