The Fitbit Sense and Versa 3 come with both a microphone and a loudspeaker. This enables you to receive calls directly from any of these two. Well literally, for now, there is no clear way to make calls directly from Versa 3 or Sense. Although, I figured a way to make a call using Google Assistant. This post, however, will show you how to setup on-wrist calls for your Fitbit Sense and Versa 3.
You need to setup on-wrist calls before you can receive calls on your Sense or Versa 3 smartwatch. Also, your phone must be nearby for this to work. Furthermore, to get the best experience as far as this feature is concerned, you’ll need to connect a Bluetooth headphone. This will allow you to effortlessly speak to your Fitbit Sense or Versa 3 without being hindered by background noise or otherwise.
How to Setup On-wrist Calls on Fitbit Sense and Versa 3
- To setup on-wrist calls on the Versa 3 or Sense, open the Fitbit app, find the profile icon at the top left corner, and tap on it. Find your Fitbit smartwatch in the list to go to the device dashboard.
- Below the general heading is “on-wrist calls”, tap to begin the setup process. This takes you to the next page where it says this feature will allow you to take Bluetooth calls hands-free. Click on “see instructions” to continue.
- On the next page, tap on start setup. But before that, make sure your Versa 3 or Sense is nearby. This is because your phone’s Bluetooth will attempt to connect to the Versa 3 or Sense controls. If your watch is nearby, go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and scan for the Versa 3 controls or Sense controls.
- You should see Versa 3 controls or Sense controls in the list depending on which of these you own. Tap on it and it will attempt to connect to your Fitbit smartwatch. If you can’t find the Versa 3 controls in the list, simply disable and enable Bluetooth on your phone, then close and reopen the Fitbit app and start afresh.
- A code will pop up on your phone, if it matches the code on your Fitbit smartwatch, tap on pair to connect the Versa 3 controls to your phone.
- Congratulations! You have successfully setup on-wrist calls on your Fitbit Sense or Versa 3.
If you wish to enjoy taking calls on the Versa 3, you need to connect a Bluetooth headphone. This will help you avoid situations where you can’t hear the person on the other end or awkwardly lifting your hand towards your ear. To connect a Bluetooth device to the Versa 3 or Sense, go to the settings app>>vibration and audio >>Bluetooth>>manage devices to connect a Bluetooth headphone.
Making Calls on Fitbit Sense or Versa 3
The only way to make a call directly from the Versa 3 or Sense is via Google Assistant. With Google Assistant activated and your phone nearby, you can make a call directly from your Fitbit Versa 3 or Sense using your voice. You can learn more about that here.
Answering Calls on Fitbit Sense or Versa 3
When there is an incoming call on your phone, you’ll get alerted on your Fitbit smartwatch. You can end the call or answer it. When you answer the call, you have the option to adjust the volume using the speaker icon. You can also mute the call by pressing on the microphone icon, and you can continue the call on your phone if you wish by clicking on the three-dots. And just in case the person at the other end wants to call out a number for you, you can enter it directly on the smartwatch while still on call. Simply press the three-dot icon and select the keypad.