There are has been a series of new smartbands that have been released by some of the big names in the smartwatch sector, one of such smartbands is the Galaxy Fit 2 which is the successor to Galaxy Fit that was released last year. The new Galaxy Fit 2 is fitness-focused and comes with a slightly larger display and longer battery life. It shares a lot in common with Mi Band 5 – another fine smartband that is very popular among fitness enthusiasts. Compare the differences between Mi Band 5 and Samsung Galaxy Fit 2 to know which is a better smartband.
Prefer video? Watch the indepth comparison of Mi Band 5 vs Galaxy Fit 2
Mi Band 5 vs Samsung Galaxy Fit 2 Specifications Comparison
Mi Band 5 Full Specifications, Features and Price
Samsung Galaxy Fit 2 Specifications, Features and Price
|ABOUT DEVICE||ABOUT DEVICE||ABOUT DEVICE|
|Device name||Mi Band 5||Samsung Galaxy Fit 2|
|Device type||Fitness smartband||Fitness smartband|
|Predecessor||Mi Band 4||Samsung Galaxy Fit|
|Models||Mi Band 5 (NFC version)||—|
|Date released||June, 2020||October, 2020|
|Display size||1.1 inches||1.1 inches|
|Display type||450nits, AMOLED, Full color||AMOLED, Full color|
|Resolution||126 x 294 px||126 x 294 px|
|Customizable watchface||100+, Yes||Yes|
|Input type||Touchkey, Touchscreen||Touchkey, Touchscreen|
|Bezel material||Bezeless, Polycarbonate||Aluminum|
|Strap size||155 – 216 mm||20 mm|
|Color||Black, Mint green, Navy blue, Orange, Teal, Yellow||Black, Red|
|Screen protection||Anti-scracth glass||Corning Gorilla Glass 3|
|Dimension||46.95 x 18.15 x 12.45mm||46.6 x 18.6 x 11.1mm|
|Weight||(excluding straps), 11g||21g|
|Waterproof rating||Yes, 5ATM||Yes, 5ATM|
|Swim-proof||Yes, recommended||Yes, recommended|
|Bluetooth||Bluetooth v5.0||Bluetooth v5.1|
|NFC||(special edition), Yes||—|
|Memory card slot||No||No|
|CELLULAR CONNECTIVITY||CELLULAR CONNECTIVITY||CELLULAR CONNECTIVITY|
|GPS||(connected GPS), No||No|
|HEALTH & FITNESS TRACKING||HEALTH & FITNESS TRACKING||HEALTH & FITNESS TRACKING|
|Heart rate monitoring||Yes||Yes|
|Preloaded sport modes||11, Yes||90|
|Battery type||non-removable Lithium-polymer||Non-removable Li-ion battery|
|Battery life||Continous usage: 14 days, Regular: 20 days||Regular: 15 days|
|Charging type||Magnetic charger||WPC based wireless charging|
|Charging duration||1-2 hours||1-2 hours|
|Operating system||Proprietary OS||RTOS|
|CPU||—||MCU Cortex M33F 96MHz / M0+ 16MHz|
|Companion app||Mi Fit||Samsung Wearable app|
|Compatibility||Android 5.0+, iOS 10.0+||Android 5.0+, iOS 10.0+|
|Payment system||Alipay, Union Pay||None|
|Voice Assistant||(China), XiaoAI, Yes||No|
|Find my phone||Yes||Yes|
|Box content||Charger, Manual, Mi Band 5, Straps||Charger, Manual, Samsung Galaxy Fit 2, Straps|
Mi Band 5 Features
- Mi Band 5 is very lightweight and compact. It has a case made of thermoplastic which is paired alongside silicone straps.
- 1.1 inches AMOLED display with touchkey for easy navigation.
- You can choose from a variety of watch faces on Mi Fit app. Some of the watch faces can be editted to show the most important complications that matter most to you.
- Mi Band 5 is available in six colors; black, teal, orange, yellow, mint green, and navy blue.
- Clock features include time/date, alarm, timer and stopwatch.
- Setup notification alert for SMS, emails, calls, weather forecast, control phone camera, unlock phone, control music on phone, mute phone and do not disturb. You can’t reply to notifications as this band lacks quick reply.
- Heart rate monitor allows you to manage your training intensity effortlessly. It can show your maximum heart rate and average heart.
- Tracks your steps, distance, calories, sedentary reminder.
- Tracks your sleep in awake, light, deep and REM sleep stages to help you monitor sleep quality.
- It features a breathing app that can help you reduce stress through a guilded breathing session.
- For women, this device will allow you log your menstrual cycle which gives you the ability to easily log and track your period cycles.
- Features Personal Activity Intelligence (PAI) vitality index; a new, innovative system that converts your heart rate data into a personalized score that indicates the level of activity required in order to maintain good health
- Mi Band 5 lacks inbuilt GPS, however, you can still track outdoor activities like your routes, locations and more.
- There are 11 preloaded sport modes for you to choose from. This includes elliptical trainer, outdoor running, walking, treadmill, cycling, indoor cycling, rowing machine, yoga, jump rope, pool swimming, and freestyle.
- It has a 125mAh battery capacity which is made of lithium-ion polymer. Its been tested to last up to 14 days with mixed usage.
Galaxy Fit 2 Features
- The case is made of thermoplastic while that straps which are interchangeable are made of silicone. It is also very lightweight and compact.
- 1.1 inches AMOLED full color display with touchscreen support in addition to a touchkey for easy navigation.
- Clock features include time, date and calender. It also features alarm, stopwatch, weather and do not disturb mode.
- It is rated 5ATM which represents 50 meters waterproof rating. This certifies the Galaxy Fit 2 is swimproof. You can wear this to the pool, shower or under the rain./li>
- There are a variety of watch faces to choose from on the Galaxy Wearable app. From the app you can change watch faces for the Fit 2.
- The Fit 2 will track your maximum and resting heart rate.
- It will also track your sleep in four stages which includes light, deep, REM and awake stages of your sleep.
- Stree monitoring is also present, this will allow you measure your stress level. When you’re stressed, theere is a breathing app that can help you return back to calm though a guilded breathing session.
- With the water intake widget, you can log your water intake with the Galaxy Fit 2. A great way to stay hydrated.
- 90 preloaded sport modes with ability to auto track 5 exercises. So, you get a whole bunch of options to choose from.
- There is a hand washing app that can be accessed by the hand wash widget from the companion app (Galaxy Wearable app) This will alert you to wash your hands for a duration of 20 seconds. This can be very helpful in helping you stay safe especially with the Covid-19 pandemic.
- There is no inbuilt GPS in the Galaxy Fit 2. Although, it can still track you outdoor activities as long as you carry your phone along with you.
- Will notify you when you get a new notification on your phone, and you can reply to messages with quick replies.
- 15 days or 21 days long battery life.
What is Better?
Although each of these two is a nice smartband that is well built and equipped to help you stay fit. Both smartbands are capable of tracking your sleep, heart rate, help you manage stress, and also counts calories. You can also track outdoor activities like your route and locations with any of these two as long as you carry your phone along. Even more, is that each of these two has a colorful display and very comfortable design, and when you talk about battery life, each of these two has a long battery life that lets you go longer from a single charge.
However, I will go with Galaxy Fit 2. I like the plenty of workout modes and the ability to reply to notifications with quick replies which is not possible with Mi Band 5.