Samsung Galaxy Fit 2 is the successor to Galaxy Fit that was released last year, it does come with more health tracking features, longer battery life and a wider display, but still lacks inbuilt GPS which is a big disappointment. Meanwhile, Amazfit Bip U is one of the latest smartwatches from Huami, its not a successor to the popular Amazfit Bip, but shares lots of similarities and comes with features like a wider display, more sport modes, and can track your Spo2 levels. This comparison post surveys the specs and features of Samsung Galaxy Fit 2 vs Amazfit Bip U to find out the differences, and perhaps help you decide which is a better fitness tracking device.
Samsung Galaxy Fit 2 vs Amazfit Bip U Pro Specifications Comparison
Samsung Galaxy Fit 2 Specifications, Features and Price
Amazfit Bip U Specifications, Features and Price
|ABOUT DEVICE||ABOUT DEVICE||ABOUT DEVICE|
|Device name||Samsung Galaxy Fit 2||Amazfit Bip U|
|Device type||Fitness smartband||Fitness/Sport smartwatch|
|Predecessor||Samsung Galaxy Fit||—|
|Models||—||Amazfit Bip U, Amazfit Bip U Pro|
|Date released||October, 2020||October, 2020|
|Display size||1.1 inches||1.43 inches|
|Display type||AMOLED, Full color||LCD, TFT|
|Resolution||126 x 294 px||320 x 302 px|
|Input type||Touchkey, Touchscreen||1 Physical button, Touchscreen|
|Strap size||20 mm||20 mm|
|Color||Black, Red||Black, Green|
|Screen protection||Corning Gorilla Glass 3||Corning Gorilla Glass 3|
|Dimension||46.6 x 18.6 x 11.1mm||40.9 x 35.5 x 11.4mm|
|Waterproof rating||Yes, 5ATM||Yes, 5ATM|
|Swim-proof||Yes, recommended||Yes, recommended|
|Bluetooth||Bluetooth v5.1||Bluetooth v5.0|
|Memory card slot||No||No|
|CELLULAR||CELLULAR CONNECTIVITY||CELLULAR CONNECTIVITY|
|GPS||No||(connected GPS), No|
|ACTIVITY TRACKING||ACTIVITY TRACKING||ACTIVITY TRACKING|
|Heart rate monitoring||Yes||Yes|
|Preloaded sport modes||90||60+, Yes|
|Battery type||Non-removable Li-ion battery||non-removable Lithium-polymer|
|Battery life||Regular: 15 days||Smartwatch mode: up to 9 days|
|Charging type||WPC based wireless charging||Charging dock|
|Charging duration||1-2 hours||1-2 hours|
|CPU||MCU Cortex M33F 96MHz / M0+ 16MHz||—|
|Companion app||Samsung Gear app||Mi Fit|
|Compatibility||Android 5.0+, iOS 10.0+||Android 5.0+, iOS 10.0+|
|Customizable strap||20mm||20mm, Yes|
|Find my phone||Yes||Yes|
|Box content||Charger, Manual, Samsung Galaxy Fit 2, Straps||Amazfit Bip U, Charger, Manual, Straps|
Compare the Difference
Each of these two is equipped to track your daily activities such as your sleep, heart rate, calories, stress steps, and can connect to your phone GPS to track outdoor activities like your routes and location. You’ll also be able to receive notifications on both Bip U and Galaxy Fit 2 while you can get multiple days of battery life with both devices.
The differences though, comes in the display size and technology, number of sports modes, fitness tracking features and battery life.
- Galaxy Fit 2 has a 1.1 inches AMOLED display that’s smaller than the 1.43 inches TFT display of Bip U. Although, the AMOLED display is more colorful and interactive, but the TFT display is easier to read outdoors.
- Secondly, Galaxy Fit 2 has 90 sport modes compared to 60+ of Amazfit Bip U, thus, gives you more options to choose from your preferred sport modes.
- Another difference between these two is that Bip U can your measure blood oxygen. It is equipped with the newly upgraded biological optical tracking sensor, the BioTrackerTM 2, that supports measurement of blood-oxygen saturation.
- Both devices will allow you to manage your notifications, however, I like that I can easily reply to notifications with the preset replies on Galaxy Fit 2 which isn’t possible with Bip U. You can only read messages received on Amazfit Bip U, but you can’t reply.
- The battery life also differ, the Galaxy Fit 2 is tested to last up to 15 days which is more than 9 days with Amazfit Bip U.