The Galaxy Watch 4 Classic and Galaxy Watch 4 are the latest smartwatches from Samsung. This two alongside Apple Watch 7 are the most anticipated smartwatches of 2021. The new Samsung smartwatches will run on the Wear OS platform, ditching Tizen which powers older Galaxy watches. Moreover, there is also a new 5nm W920 chip which Samsung says boasts a 20% increase in CPU performance and 10x GPU performance. As well as the addition of the Bioelectrical impedance analysis (BIA) that can measure your body composition. Like older Samsung smartwatches, the new watches come in two sizes and each of the two sizes is available in Bluetooth/WiFi and LTE model. In this comparison, we compare the difference between Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 Classic Bluetooth vs LTE to help you decide which is the right model for you.
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 Classic Bluetooth vs LTE Full Technical Specifications Comparison
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 Classic (46mm) Full Specifications and Features
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 Classic (46mm) (LTE) Full Specifications and Features
|ABOUT DEVICE||ABOUT DEVICE||ABOUT DEVICE|
|Device name||Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 Classic Bluetooth (46mm)||(LTE), Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 Classic LTE (46mm)|
|Device type||Fitness/Classic smartwatch||Standalone/Fitness smartwatch|
|Predecessor||Samsung Galaxy Watch 3||Samsung Galaxy Watch 3|
|Successor||Galaxy Watch 5 Pro||Galaxy Watch 5 Pro|
|Models||Bluetooth only, LTE||Bluetooth only, LTE|
|Date released||August, 2021||August, 2021|
|Display size||1.4 inches||1.4 inches|
|Display type||Super AMOLED, Full color||Super AMOLED, Full color|
|Resolution||450 x 450 pixels||450 x 450 pixels|
|Pixel density||455 PPI||455 PPI|
|Input type||2 Physical buttons, Physical rotating bezel, Touchscreen||2 Physical buttons, Physical rotating bezel, Touchscreen|
|Case material||Stainless steel||Stainless steel|
|Bezel material||Stainless steel||Stainless steel|
|Strap size||22 mm||22 mm|
|Color||Black, Silver||Black, Silver|
|Screen protection||Corning Gorilla Glass DX||Corning Gorilla Glass DX|
|Dimension||45.5 x 45.5 x 11.0 mm||45.5 x 45.5 x 11.0 mm|
|Waterproof rating||Yes, 5ATM||Yes, 5ATM|
|Swim-proof||Yes, recommended||Yes, recommended|
|Bluetooth||Bluetooth v5.0||Bluetooth v5.0|
|Wi-Fi||Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4+5GHz)||Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4+5GHz)|
|Memory card slot||No||No|
|CELLULAR CONNECTIVITY||CELLULAR CONNECTIVITY||CELLULAR CONNECTIVITY|
|Network technology||None||GSM / HSPA / LTE|
|GPS||Yes, GPS/GLONASS/BEIDOU||Yes, GPS/GLONASS/BEIDOU|
|HEALTH & FITNESS TRACKING||HEALTH & FITNESS TRACKING||HEALTH & FITNESS TRACKING|
|Heart rate monitoring||Yes||Yes|
|Preloaded sport modes||90+||90+|
|Battery type||Non-removable Li-ion battery||Non-removable Li-ion battery|
|Battery life||Regular: 2 days, Standby :5 days+||Regular: 2 days, Standby :5 days+|
|Charging type||WPC based wireless charging||WPC based wireless charging|
|Charging duration||1-2 hours||1-2 hours|
|Operating system||Wear OS 3.5||Wear OS 3.5|
|Chipset||Exynos W920||Exynos W920|
|CPU||1.18GHz Dual-core (Cortex-A55)||1.18GHz Dual-core (Cortex-A55)|
|GPU||Mali-G68 MP2||Mali-G68 MP2|
|Companion app||Samsung Wearable app||Samsung Wearable app|
|Compatibility||Android 6.0+ with 1.5GB+ RAM||Android 6.0+ with 1.5GB+ RAM|
|Payment system||Google Pay, Samsung Pay||Google Pay, Samsung Pay|
|Voice Assistant||Bixby, Google Assistant||Bixby, Google Assistant|
|Find my phone||Yes||Yes|
|Box content||Charger, Manual, Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 Classic, Straps||Charger, Manual, Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 Classic, Straps|
The Difference Between The Bluetooth and LTE models
Both the Bluetooth and LTE have the same design, same features, and presumably the same battery life when LTE is turned off on the LTE model.
- The LTE model is a standalone smartwatch – It comes with an eSIM
- Price – The LTE model is more expensive
- Battery Life – The Bluetooth model will last longer
So, in few words, the difference between the Bluetooth and LTE model of the Galaxy Watch 4 Classic is that the LTE model is a standalone smartwatch. It can make and receive calls independent of a smartphone. It can also receive messages and you can stream music independent of a smartphone. Unlike the Bluetooth model that will require your phone to be nearby before you can make and receive calls or receive messages. In other words, the LTE model gives you more freedom from your phone. But it will cost you more money.
Before you decide to choose the LTE model, you should check the available supported Galaxy Watch 4 Classic models in your region. There are four LTE models; 46mm: SM-895U, SM-895F, SM-895N, and SM-895 and 42mm: SM-885U, SM-885F, SM-885U & SM-885.
The SM-895U and SM-885U are the supported models in the US with T-mobile, AT&T, Verizon, and US cellular as supported carriers. So you have to be sure that you’re buying the right model for your country.
Another factor to consider is the additional cost of the LTE model and the cost of the service plan. This is another difference between this two. The 42mm Bluetooth model costs $349.99, while the 46mm Bluetooth model costs $379.99. On the other hand, the 42mm LTE model costs $399.99, while the 46mm LTE model costs $429.99.
You can see that the LTE model will cost you more. You also have to factor in the cost of a data subscription. Although the LTE model works in tandem with your smartphone data plan, it will require its own plan depending on your carrier. Ensure to contact your service provider to know what plans are available for the LTE model of the Galaxy Watch 4 Classic.
The battery life of the two models will also differ. Although both models have the same battery capacity, the Bluetooth model will have a longer battery life than the LTE model. However, when LTE is turned off on the LTE model, you can expect the same battery life as the Bluetooth model.
Which is Better?
If you’re okay with the additional cost that comes with the LTE model, then it’s no doubt a fantastic smartwatch as it gives you more freedom from your phone.
On the other hand, the Bluetooth/WiFi model is a popular choice. The majority of consumers will likely buy this model for its simplicity. It has every feature present in the LTE model except that it lacks eSIM and as such it’s not a standalone smartwatch.
Now that you know the difference between the Bluetooth and LTE model, you can read more about list of features of the Galaxy Watch 4 Classic below.
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 Classic Features
- 1.4/1.2 inches AMOLED display with physical rotating bezel, touchscreen support and 2 physical buttons that enable effortless navigation of the tiny interface.
- A Rugged smartwatch with MIL-STD-810G- US military grade rating for shock.
- The LTE model is a standalone smartwatch that allows you to make and recieve calls directly from the watch without connecting to your phone.
- The Bluetooth model supports Bluetooth calling by connecting to your phone.
- NFC enables contactless payment on the go with Samsung pay and Google Pay.
- Up to 2 days or more battery life.
- 16GB storage capacity alllows you to store your favorite tracks onboard. Also allows you to stream music via Spotify.
- Customizable watch face, and choose from the available choice on Galaxy store.
- Equipped to track your steps, count floors climbed, distance and calories.
- Monitors your stress level and can help you manage stress through the breathing exercise app that guides you through a breathing session.
- Tracks your sleep in four stages; deep, light, awake, and REM, also shows your sleep trend over time.
- Tracks your heart rate continously, also shows your resting heart rate and range.
- Has an inbuilt GPS that enables it to track your outdoor routes, real-time pace, distance and more.
- Features ECG app that allows you take ECG test directly from your wrist which can help you detect irregular heart rhythms.
- Features a blood pressure app that allows you to monitor your blood pressure from the watch. (Must be calibrated with a traditional cuff).
- Features blood oxygen app that allows you to measure your blood oxygen to help you determine how well your blood absorbs oxygen.
- Up to 96 preloaded sport modes with ability to auto track 6 of those.
- New: Features a Bioelectrical impedance analysis (BIA) sensor that enables the watch to measure your body composition. It will measure your BMI, muscle mass, body water and body fat.
- New Features a compass that will allow you know your orientation.