There’s a new successor to the popular Amazfit GTR called the GTR 2. It follows in the footsteps of its predecessor as it’s fitness-focused, has a longer battery life, and equipped with more features. The GTR 2 comes with a microphone, loudspeaker, blood oxygen tracking, and music storage – features the GTR lacked. This review brings you the full technical specifications and as well all the features of the Amazfit GTR 2.
The design of the GTR 2 is outstanding, it’s very slim and quite compact, but no doubt also very lightweight. It comes in two models, sport and classic. The Sport model has a case made of aluminum paired with a silicone strap, while the Classic model has a strap made of leather. The straps can be changed with 22mm (width size) straps. The 3D glass is protected by Corning Gorilla 3 which is very durable and offers a great clarity. The 1.39 inches display of the GTR 2 is powered by AMOLED which is very colorful and bright thanks to its high resolution. It has two physical buttons and also supports touchscreen as the means of navigation.
Like its predecessor, the GTR 2 is fitness-focused and well equipped to track your daily activities which include your steps, heart rate, calories, sleep, and stress. Even better is that GTR 2 can now measure your blood oxygen, and has 90 preset sport modes that give you more options. It has inbuilt GPS which allows you to track outdoor activities like your pace, routes, and locations effortlessly.
The GTR 2 comes with a loudspeaker and microphone which allows you to make and receive calls directly from the watch via your phone Bluetooth connection. It also comes with a 4GB storage capacity that allows you to store your favorite tracks on this watch which you can enjoy through the built-in loudspeaker or even better via a Bluetooth headset. There’s an offline voice assistant that allows you to do tasks like setup an alarm, open an app, and more with your voice.
You can also manage your notifications on the GTR 2, it’ll allow you to receive notifications on the watch, but unfortunately, you can’t reply to notification messages.
The battery life of the GTR 2 is outstanding, it has a long battery life that lets you go long from a single charge. It’s tested to last 14 days with normal usage, 6 days with heavy usage, and 38 days in basic mode.
Amazfit GTR 2 Features
- 1.39 inch always-on AMOLED display with touchscreen support and 2 physical buttons.
- Clock features include time/date, alarm, timer and stopwatch.
- Find my phone, control music on phone, sedentary reminder and unlock Smartphone.
- Rated 5ATM (water resistant up to 50 meters).
- 22mm interchangeable silicone straps.
- NEW: Comes with 4GB storage capacity that allows you to store your favorite tracks on the watch.
- NEW: Features offline voice assistant that allows you to do simple tasks without internet connection with your voice by speaking to the watch. (supports english only)
- NEW: Equipped with both a microphone and loudspeaker that alllows you make and recieve calls directly from the watch.
- Features air-pressure sensor that can detect altitude changes.
- Heart rate sensors tracks your heart rate continuously, so you can see your heart rate in real-time, and helps you manage your training intensity effortlessly.
- Tracks your steps, calories, heart rate, distance with 12 preloaded sport modes.
- Tracks your sleep in four stages; REM, light, deep and awake stages of sleep.
- Monitors your stess level and has a breathing app that guilds you through a breathing session to help you reduce stress.
- NEW: Allows you to measure your blood oxygen to help you see how well your blood utilizes oxygen.
- NEW:Features 90 preset sport modes.
- Has an inbuilt GPS that allows you to track outdoor activities such as pace, routes and location.
- Compatible with both Android 5.0+ and iOS 10.0+ devices.
READ: Amazfit GTR 2 review