Fossil Gen 5 Garrett is a stylish smartwatch powered by the Snapdragon 3100 chip and runs on the Wear OS platform. It’s designed to track your active life, improve your productive life, and keep you connected through the day.
The Gen 5 comes in two models; Gen 5 Juliana which is a female version and Gen 5 Calyle, the Men version. Both models spot the same features, but slight differences in appearance in design. There’s also another model for men; Gen 5 Garrett which has the same features, but a different appearance from the Gen 5 Calyle.
The Gen 5 Garrett has a sophisticated design that looks just like a regular classic watch, it’s available in gold, blue, silver and black colors.
It has a durable build that consists of a stainless steel case and 22mm straps that are interchangeable. The 1.28 inches AMOLED display looks very colorful and vivid, and can easily be read even under sunlight, thanks to the ambient light sensor that automatically regulates the brightness of the display based on the ambient light.
It Features 8GB storage capacity that allows you to store and play your favorite tracks on the watch, as well as comes with a microphone and loudspeaker that allows you to make and receive calls directly from the Gen 5 via Bluetooth connection to your phone. There’s also Google Assistant that allows you to do simple tasks like play a song or check the weather with your voice. The 1GB RAM alongside the Snapdragon 3100 chip improves performance significantly. You can now access important information by simply swiping through tiles.
The Gen 5 is also equipped to track your daily activities with a handful of sensors. It’ll track your heart rate, steps, calories, floors climbed, and more with Google Fit as your fitness companion that allows you to manage your fitness goals. You also get access to sports apps like Cardiogram, Nike Run Club, and other related apps that can help you track your active life more comprehensively.
The battery life of the Gen 5 will keep you going for about a day with mixed usage, and with the battery manager feature, you can get about 2 days or longer battery life.
Fossil Gen 5 Garrett Features
- 1.28 inch AMOLED display, touchscreen with 3 physical buttons.
- Clock, setup alarm, reminders, tell the weather and more.
- Customise the watchface, choose from the many availble watchfaces on Playstore.
- Find your phone, control music on your phone or control camera on phone.
- 22mm interchangeable straps.
- 8GB storage capacity that allows you to store and play your favorite tracks on the watch as well stream music from popular services.
- Comes with microphone that enables Google Assistant, and allows you to carryout simple tasks simply with your voice.
- Make and recieve calls directly from the watch via Bluetooth connection to your phone.
- Waterproof, rated 3ATM (which means 30 meters waterproof).
- Tracks your heart rate, calories, steps, distance, floors climbed, and more.
- Equipped with inbuilt GPS that enables you to track outdoor activities such as locations, routes and pace.
- Google Pay allows you to make payment directly from the watch.
- About a day battery life, and about 2 days with battery manager features.
READ: Fossil Gen 5 Review