Honor Band 5 is a decent fitness-focused smartband that has been equipped to track your active life and manage your fitness goals, keep you connected to important updates from your phone with over 2 weeks long battery life that lets you go long from a single charge.
This device succeeds the Honor Band 4 and comes with a more beautiful 0.95 inches customizable watch face that’s powered by AMOLED and touch-sensitive in addition to touchkey function that makes navigation easy. It also features SpO2 sensor that monitors your blood oxygen and is able to track how well your blood absolves oxygen.
It’s a sturdy device made of thermoplastic case material, while the straps are made of silicone. It’s also very lightweight and rated 5ATM which makes it swim-proof up to 50 meters.
This device comes with features that enable it to track your steps, distance, cadence, stride length, and many more metrics. It features Huawei TruSleep™ sleeping monitoring technology that is capable of identifying and providing advice on common sleeping issues, such as insomnia, light, and deep sleep, easily awakened, excessive dreaming, and irregular sleeping habits. It also tracks your heart rate comprehensively and will show your heart rate zones, while it connects with your phone GPS to enable you to track outdoor activities such as pace, locations, and routes.
It’ll alert you when you receive a notification on your phone such as SMS, calls, calls rejection, and other reminders. You can also use this device to find your phone and control the camera on your phone.
The battery life is very impressive, you can get over 2 weeks long battery life from a single charge.
Honor Band 5 Features
- 0.95 inch AMOLED display and touchscreen/touchkey for easy navigation.
- The case is made of thermoplastic, and the straps come in TPU. You can always swapp the straps with a new one of your choice.
- Tells the time, date, weather and set alarm.
- Customise watchface by choosing from the many available options in the Huawei Health app. You can store a maximum of 11 watch faces on the device.
- Other miscalenous features are find my phone, control phone camera, control music on phone, do not disturb and more. Remote Music Control is compatible only with smartphones running on Android 5.0 and above.
- Syncs data from the device to your phone which allows you to manage your fitness goals.
- Tracks your steps, distance, sleep, heart rate, calories, sedentary reminders and more.
- Rated 5ATM (50 meters) makes it waterproof up to 50 meters. As such, its safe to wear the watch to the shower or even swim in deeper waters like the ocean.
- This smartband will track your sleep in four stages awake, deep, REM and light stages of your sleep to allow you see how well your blood absorbs oxygen.
- SpO2 sensor tracks your blood oxygen and monitors how well your blod absolves oxygen. A significant metrics that can help you monitor your blood oxygen saturation.
- About 11 preset workouts are available to choose from.
- The Honor Band 6 will allow you to recieve notifications from apps installed on your phone. In other words, you can read mesages recieved but there is no way to respond. You will have to reach out to your phone to continue.
- HONOR Band 5 is water-resistant up to 50Meter and swim-proof. A six-axis sensor recognizes
the four main swim strokes – freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke, and butterfly –
recording speed, distance, calories, and SWOLF4 score
- With heavy usage, Honor Band 6 has Up to 7 days long battery life and with mixed usage its about 14 days long battery.
READ: Honor Band 5 review