Mi Band 5 Full Specifications and Features: Mi Band 5 is the latest smartband from Xiaomi and it succeeds Mi Band 4. Mi Band 5 comes with a couple of improvements that include a slightly larger display, more health tracking features, and an improved battery life.
Mi Band 5 has a bigger 1.1 inches AMOLED display that’s now brighter up to 450nits. The body is still made of thermoplastic like its predecessor, while the interchangeable straps are made of TPU. You can get Mi Band 5 in six colors; black, teal, orange, yellow, mint green, and navy blue.
Like Mi Band 4, Mi Band 5 will track your steps, calories, sleep, heart rate and also connect to your phone GPS to track your outdoor activities that can be viewed in the Mi Fit App. There have been some improvements in fitness tracking that includes detection of abnormal heart rate, ability to track REM stage of your sleep, stress management through guided breathing session, menstrual cycle tracking, PAI, and 11 preset workout modes that include, rowing machine, elliptical, yoga, outdoor running, outdoor cycling, pool swimming, indoor cycling, jump rope, treadmill, power walking, and freestyle.
The NFC version of Mi Band 5 which is not available internationally features Ali Pay and Union Pay. It also equipped with a MEMS microphone that enables voice assistant for XiaoAI. Mi Band 5 can now control your phone camera, and also can unlock your phone, mute your phone, do not disturb, weather forecast, incoming call notifications, SMS alert, and more.
The battery life of Mi Band 5 has improved which Xiaomi claims can last up to 14 days with continuous tracking and 20 days in battery saver mode. There’s now a new charging method, instead of the charging dock used on Mi Band 4, Mi Band 5 can be charged with a magnetic charger.
Mi Band 5 Features
- Mi Band 5 is very lightweight and compact. It has a case made of thermoplastic which is paired alongside silicone straps.
- 1.1 inches AMOLED display with touchkey for easy navigation.
- You can choose from a variety of watch faces on Mi Fit app. Some of the watch faces can be editted to show the most important complications that matter most to you.
- Mi Band 5 is available in six colors; black, teal, orange, yellow, mint green, and navy blue.
- Clock features include time/date, alarm, timer and stopwatch.
- Setup notification alert for SMS, emails, calls, weather forecast, control phone camera, unlock phone, control music on phone, mute phone and do not disturb. You can’t reply to notifications as this band lacks quick reply.
- Heart rate monitor allows you to manage your training intensity effortlessly. It can show your maximum heart rate and average heart.
- Tracks your steps, distance, calories, sedentary reminder.
- Tracks your sleep in awake, light, deep and REM sleep stages to help you monitor sleep quality.
- It features a breathing app that can help you reduce stress through a guilded breathing session.
- For women, this device will allow you log your menstrual cycle which gives you the ability to easily log and track your period cycles.
- Features Personal Activity Intelligence (PAI) vitality index; a new, innovative system that converts your heart rate data into a personalized score that indicates the level of activity required in order to maintain good health
- Mi Band 5 lacks inbuilt GPS, however, you can still track outdoor activities like your routes, locations and more.
- There are 11 preloaded sport modes for you to choose from. This includes elliptical trainer, outdoor running, walking, treadmill, cycling, indoor cycling, rowing machine, yoga, jump rope, pool swimming, and freestyle.
- It has a 125mAh battery capacity which is made of lithium-ion polymer. Its been tested to last up to 14 days with mixed usage.