Mi Band 5 Full Specifications and Features: Mi Band 5 is the latest smartband from Xiaomi and it succeeds Mi Band 4. Mi Band 5 comes with a couple of improvements that include a slightly larger display, more health tracking features, and an improved battery life.
Mi Band 5 has a bigger 1.1 inches always-on AMOLED display that’s now brighter up to 450nits. The body is still made of polycarbonate like it’s predecessor, while the interchangeable straps are made of TPU. You can get Mi Band 5 in 6 colors; black, teal, orange, yellow, mint green, and navy blue.
Like Mi Band 4, Mi Band 5 will track your steps, calories, sleep, heart rate and also connects to your phone GPS to track your outdoor activities that can be viewed in the Mi Fit App. There have been some improvements in fitness tracking that includes detection of abnormal heart rate, ability to track REM stage of your sleep, stress management through guided breathing session, menstrual cycle tracking, PAI, and 11 preset workout modes that include, rowing machine, elliptical, yoga, outdoor running, outdoor cycling, pool swimming, indoor cycling, jump rope, treadmill, power walking, and freestyle.
The NFC version of Mi Band 5 which is not available internationally features Ali Pay and Union Pay. It also equipped with a MEMS microphone that enables voice assistant for XiaoAI. Mi Band 5 can now control your phone camera, and also can unlock your phone, mute your phone, do not disturb, weather forecast, incoming call notifications, SMS alert, and more.
Mi Band 5 has an improved battery life which Xiaomi claims can last up to 14 days with continuous tracking and 20 days in battery saver mode. There’s now a new charging method, instead of charging dock used on Mi Band 4, Mi Band 5 can be charged with a magnetic charger.
Mi Band 5 Features
- 1.1 inch always-on AMOLED display with touchkey feature.
- Clock features include time/date, alarm, timer and stopwatch.
- Setup notification alert for SMS, emails, calls, weather forecast, control phone camera, unlock phone, control music on phone, mute phone and do not disturb.
- Heart rate monitor allows you to manage your training intensity effortlessly.
- Tracks your steps, distance, calories, sedentary reminder.
- Tracks your heart rate in light, deep and REM sleep stages to help you monitor sleep quality.
- NEW: Can help you reduce stress through a guilded breathing session.
- NEW: Tracks your blood oxygen saturation.
- NEW: Menstual cycle feature allows women log and track period cycles.
- NEW: Features Personal Activity Intelligence (PAI) vitality index; a new, innovative system that converts your heart rate data into a personalized score that indicates the level of activity required in order to maintain good health
- Features 11 preloaded sport modes.