Samsung’s new smartwatches are a beauty to behold, the Galaxy Watch 4 and Galaxy Watch 4 Classic have been announced with August 27th set as the release date. The new watches come with Samsung’s W920 chip which promises better CPU and graphics performance. Both watches will run on the new Wear OS platform out of the box, and they also feature the new Bioelectrical impedance analysis (BIA) sensor that can measure your body composition. Like older Samsung smartwatches, both Galaxy Watch 4 and Galaxy Watch Classic come in two sizes and each of these sizes is available Bluetooth and LTE model. This Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 Classic (46mm) (LTE) Full Specifications and Features page will tell you everything you need to know about the Galaxy Watch 4 Classic, its design, features, battery life, health tracking features, and many more.
Like mentioned earlier, the Galaxy Watch 4 Classic is available in two sizes; 46mm and 42mm. Each of these sizes is available in Bluetooth/WiFi and LTE model. The LTE model is a standalone smartwatch that is able to make and receive calls independent of a smartphone.
The Galaxy Watch 4 Classic is a premium smartwatch that is built with some of the most durable materials on the market. It’s no doubt a beauty to behold merely looking at the appearance. It has a stainless steel case, the rotating bezel is also made of stainless steel. It comes with fluoroelastomer straps which are interchangeable just in case you don’t like the ones that come with it. You can change the straps with 20mm or 22mm of the 42mm and 46mm respectively.
It comes in two sizes; 42mm and 46mm. The 42mm size has a dimension of 41.5 x 41.5 x 11.2mm and weighs just 47g. The 46mm has a dimension of 45.5 x 45.5 x 11.0mm weighing 52g. Going by the dimensions and weights, both sizes of the Galaxy Watch 4 Classic are compact and lightweight. Although the 42mm is a more compact smartwatch than 46mm.
The available colors include black and silver.
The 46mm has a 1.4 inches display size and a big 450x450px resolution, while the 42mm has a 1.2 inches display with 396×396 pixel resolution. The color depth is more than that of the Galaxy Watch 3. So you can be sure to experience a vivid and colorful display. Both displays are powered by the regular Super AMOLED. Accessing the Galaxy Watch 4 Classic is via a physical rotating bezel Paired with the touchscreen and two physical buttons. This absolutely makes it easy to navigate.
The Galaxy Watch 4 Classic is a fitness and health focused smartwatch. This is not different from older Samsung wearable devices but it’s got an edge with an improved BioActive Sensor and the addition of Bioelectrical impedance analysis (BIA) that enables it to track your body composition. It can measure your muscle mass, body water, BMI, and body fat.
It’s packed with a handful of sensors that enables a long list of health and fitness tracking features. Spo2 blood oxygen tracking introduced to Galaxy Watch 3 is also available on Galaxy Watch 4 Classic. It also features ECG tracking and Blood pressure monitoring. These two must be calibrated with the Samsung health monitor before use. An Optical Heart Rate Sensor takes care of blood pressure monitoring while an electrical heart rate sensor takes care of ECG.
The Galaxy Watch 4 Classic will track your steps, calories, distance covered and floors climbed. It will track your sleep in four stages and it will also track your heart rate continuously. There is also stress monitoring and a guided breathing feature that can help you reduce stress.
It comes with an inbuilt GPS that enables outdoor activity tracking for routes, pace, and other related metrics. There are a whopping 96 sport modes and it auto-detect and track the number of activities. Tracked metrics can be viewed from the Samsung Health app.
It’s no longer news that Samsung had collaborated with Google to create a Wear OS/Tizen platform. The Galaxy Watch 4 Classic and Galaxy Watch 4 will be the first set of smartwatches to run on the new platform. What this platform brings to the new Galaxy watches is access to more of your favorite apps.
The main improvement is the W920 chipset that powers the Galaxy Watch 4 Classic and Galaxy Watch 4 alongside a 1.5GB RAM. This chip has a 5nm design compared to 10nm of Exynos 9110 which powers older Samsung smartwatches. Samsung says the new chip promises 20% faster CPU performance and 10x faster GPU performance. It also comes with a Cortex M55 co-processor that will handle always-on display mode. This is no doubt the biggest Improvement for the new Samsung smartwatches.
Media and Music Storage
The Galaxy Watch 4 Classic comes with a massive 16GB storage capacity that will allow you to take more of your favorite tracks with you. It has support for popular streaming services like Spotify. It also has a microphone and a loudspeaker that give you more ways to enjoy music on the new watch.
The Galaxy Watch 4 Classic is also a great companion that can improve your productivity. It will allow you to manage notifications you receive on your phone. You can reply to SMS, calls, and other app notifications with your voice, preset quick replies, or just type in your reply.
It features all the basics like timer, stopwatch, find my phone, World clock, and weather update.
The Galaxy Watch 4 Classic is equipped with an NFC chip that enables Samsung Pay which will allow you to make payments directly from the watch. It has support for Google Pay.
Despite being equipped with a new chip, the battery life of the Galaxy Watch 4 isn’t impressive. Samsung claims you can get up to 40hours which is quite poor. Nevertheless, it will get you at least up to a day which means you will need to charge it at least once every day to stay connected. The 42mm size comes with 247mAh battery capacity while the 46mm size comes with 361mAh battery capacity. The 42mm has a shorter battery life compared to the 46mm size.
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 Classic (46mm) (LTE) Features
- 1.4 inch AMOLED display with physical rotating bezel, touchscreen support and 2 physical buttons that enable effortless navigation of the tiny interface.
- A Rugged smartwatch with MIL-STD-810G- US military grade rating for shock.
- The LTE model is a standalone smartwatch that allows you to make and recieve calls directly from the watch without connecting to your phone.
- The Bluetooth model supports Bluetooth calling by connecting to your phone.
- NFC enables contactless payment on the go with Samsung pay and Google Pay.
- Up to 2 days or more battery life.
- 16GB storage capacity alllows you to store your favorite tracks onboard. Also allows you to stream music via Spotify.
- Customizable watch face, and choose from the available choice on Galaxy store.
- Equipped to track your steps, count floors climbed, distance and calories.
- Monitors your stress level and can help you manage stress through the breathing exercise app that guides you through a breathing session.
- Tracks your sleep in four stages; deep, light, awake, and REM, also shows your sleep trend over time.
- Tracks your heart rate continously, also shows your resting heart rate and range.
- Has an inbuilt GPS that enables it to track your outdoor routes, real-time pace, distance and more.
- Features ECG app that allows you take ECG test directly from your wrist which can help you detect irregular heart rhythms.
- Features a blood pressure app that allows you to monitor your blood pressure from the watch. (Must be calibrated with a traditional cuff).
- Features blood oxygen app that allows you to measure your blood oxygen to help you determine how well your blood absorbs oxygen.
- Up to 96 preloaded sport modes with ability to auto track 6 of those.
- New: Features a Bioelectrical impedance analysis (BIA) sensor that enables the watch to measure your body composition. It will measure your BMI, muscle mass, body water and body fat.
- New Features a compass that will allow you know your orientation.